The Princeton Quadrangle Club is one of eleven Princeton University eating clubs, and is located at 33 Prospect Avenue. Founded in 1901 and referred to as “literary Quadrangle” by F. Scott Fitzgerald in This Side of Paradise, present-day Quad welcomes members from from all diverse academic, extracurricular, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds. Quad is known for being the most diverse and welcoming club on the street.
One of the five open clubs, Quad allows any second semester sophomore, junior, or senior to join. Quad is known for hosting the Lawnparties main act (previous performances include Maroon 5, Rihanna, and B.O.B), throwing amazing parties like Sh!t that Glows & Noche de Rumba , and having incredible alumni (including Jeff Bezos!). You can find members around the club at all hours playing smash in our well-stocked game room, enjoying endless streaming in the TV room, snacking at Quad’s own late meal, and enjoying a diverse range of weekly study breaks.
Quadrangle Club Open House: TBD
- Open to everyone
- Tours provided
- 33 Prospect Ave, Princeton, NJ 08540
- All Quad members have access to all the incredible events on our social calendar, including weekly study breaks, trips, semis, formals, holiday parties, big moose/little moose olympics, movie nights, and open parties. Members enjoy 2 guest swipes per month into any meal except for our famous Pub Night, a special weekly members-only dinner. They also enjoy members-only perks at our open parties and (newly-renovated) balcony access at Lawnparties! Members have full access to all club facilities 24/7 including the TV room, game room, study spaces, pool tables, and a variety of snacks and beverages. Juniors & Seniors have access to all meals served at Quad.
Sophomores receive 8 meals per week consisting of weekday breakfasts, 1 weekend brunch, and 2 lunches or dinners of your choice throughout the week. Sophomores are full social members of Quad. The club offers sophomore officer positions to allow sophomores the opportunity to work alongside junior officers in running the club.
- Financial Information
These costs are all-inclusive. There’s no extra or hidden social dues or fees of any kind.
- Sophomore Dues $800
- 2022-2023 Full-Year Dues $10,350
- 2022-2023 RCA Full-Year Dues $8,250
- 2022-2023 Graduate Student Semester Dues $1,820
At Quad we believe that your financial situation should not define what eating option you choose, and strive to be flexible with every member’s financial situations.
We offer the following payment plans:
- In Full: Pay the full amount at the beginning of the academic year.
- Per Semester: Pay half the dues in the fall and the other half in the spring.
- Per Month: Pay a portion of your dues every month.
- Custom: Email Quad’s manager Angela to discuss other options.
- No out-of-pocket cost for sophomores on full-financial aid. If you’re on full financial aid (your expected family contribution is $0), you can use the money given by the University to all sophomores ($300) to pay for sophomore semester dues. Quad’s financial aid will help cover the difference.
- Students on partial financial aid from the University can still get significant financial aid from Quad to cover their sophomore dues. Aid will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- No out-of-pocket cost for juniors and seniors on full-financial aid. Quad will sponsor scholarships for all students who qualify. Students on full financial aid will not pay any more than what the University grants them for board for their full-year membership costs.
- “Bud” Redpath Scholarship – For those who apply and qualify, the Bud Redpath Scholarship is available and offers $500 to $2000 in aid to help cover the full membership cost for a member’s Senior year.
- All sophomores who join an eating plan receive $300- you can this put this towards your dues!
- Apply to become a Dormitory Assistant! It pays around $4k a year and can heavily subsidize the cost of an eating club!
Have more questions regarding financial information? Our treasurer Jackie Liang can answer them! You can also reach out to our president Mary Kumcheva.
- Founded in 1901, Quadrangle Club has an extensive alumni network, which our members often find beneficial in securing quality post-graduation jobs. Particularly famous alumni include: Adlai Stevenson – Governor of Illinois and Two-Time Democratic Party Nominee for President of the United States; Robert Goheen – former President of Princeton University; Jeff Bezos – Founder and CEO of Amazon.com; and George Schultz – Secretary of Treasury and Secretary of State.
- Quad is well-known for some of the most delicious food on the Street. Quad prioritizes food diversity and options–we always have multiple healthy choices and a well-stocked salad bar. What’s more, Quad has many themed events each week. On a weekly basis, our Make-Your-Own-Pizza Friday Lunches are particularly popular, as is our Thursday Pub Night Dinner. Think you’ll miss late meal? Don’t worry we serve late meal each week to make up for the cravings! Finally, Quad is famous for our Chef Scott, who meets anyone’s dietary needs and is a club favorite. Our close relationship with our staff ensures that any dietary restrictions are accommodated on an individual basis. We’re very friendly to all special dietary needs including vegan, kosher, halal, and gluten-free!
- Starting on the first floor, which is accessible, Quad has an expansive Grand Salon that is perfect for down-time between classes and catching up with friends. Overlooking the balcony is our Solarium, accompanied by a wall of oversized windows. Flanking the Grand Salon are the stately Houston Library–perfect for productive work–and our Billiards Room, including our famous club moose, two pool tables, and a card table. In the basement, you find our dining area/dance floor. Our basement living room, also wheelchair accessible, includes an electronic Beirut table and a bottle-cap Beirut table, both made by former Quad members. Adjacent, you’ll find our Members’ Lounge and decked-out Tap Room. Upstairs, we have a library including university print release station, a newly renovated game room with two flat screen TVs and all major consoles, a relaxation room with several beanbags and colorful lighting to keep you cozy, a small study room, and a TV room with (extremely comfortable–try it!) tiered seating and a 73-inch flat screen television.
Quad’s most distinctive physical feature is our giant backyard, the largest on the Street. In addition to several picnic tables, a fire pit, and a hammock, we have a basketball court and beach volleyball court–with flood lighting for late-night games. During the warmer months of the year, you can always find Quad members playing or relaxing in the backyard, and even watching movies on our enormous screen.