The Princeton Quadrangle Club is one of eleven Princeton University eating clubs, and is located at 33 Prospect Avenue. Founded in 1901 and referred to as “literary Quadrangle” by F. Scott Fitzgerald in This Side of Paradise, present-day Quad welcomes members from from all diverse academic, extracurricular, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds. Quad is known for being the most diverse and welcoming club on the street.
One of the five open clubs, Quad allows any second semester sophomore, junior, or senior to join. Quad is known for hosting the Lawnparties main act (previous performances include Maroon 5, Rihanna, and B.O.B), throwing amazing parties like Sh!t that Glows & Noche de Rumba , and having incredible alumni (including Jeff Bezos!). You can find members around the club at all hours playing smash in our well-stocked game room, enjoying endless streaming in the TV room, snacking at Quad’s own late meal, and enjoying a diverse range of weekly study breaks.
- All Quad members have access to all the incredible events on our social calendar, including weekly study breaks, trips, semis, formals, holiday parties, big moose/ little moose olympics, movie nights, and open parties. Members enjoy 2 guest swipes per month into any meal except for our famous Pub Night, a special weekly members-only dinner. They also enjoy members-only perks at our open parties and balcony access at Lawnparties! Members have full access to all club facilities 24/7 including the TV room, game room, study spaces, pool tables, and a variety of snacks and beverages. Juniors & Seniors have access to all meals served at Quad.
Sophomores receive 9 meals per week consisting of weekday breakfast, weekend brunches, and two other meals of the member’s choosing. Sophomores are full social members of Quad. The club offers sophomore officer positions to allow sophomores the opportunity to work alongside junior officers in running the club.
- Financial Information
These costs are all-inclusive. There’s no extra or hidden social dues or fees of any kind.
- Sophomore Dues $600
- 2019-2020 Full-Year Dues $9,360
- 2019-2020 RCA Full-Year Dues $7,200
At Quad we believe that your financial situation should not define what eating option you choose, and strive to be flexible with every member’s financial situations.
We offer the following payment plans at no extra cost:
- In Full: Pay the full amount at the beginning of the academic year.
- Per Semester: Pay half the dues in the fall and the other half in the spring.
- Per Month: Pay a portion of your dues every month.
- Custom: Email Quad’s manager Angela to discuss other options.
- No out-of-pocket cost for sophomores of full-financial aid. If you’re on full financial aid (your expected family contribution is $0), you can drop from the University unlimited plan to Block 190. You’d get 13 meals from the University and 9 meals from Quad. Doing so would mean a refund of $277.50 from the University board grant. Quad will cover the remaining $322.50 of the $600 Quad sophomore dues.
- Students on partial financial aid from the University can still get significant financial aid from Quad to cover their sophomore dues. Aid will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- No out-of-pocket cost for juniors and seniors on full-financial aid. Quad will sponsor scholarships for all students who qualify. Students on full financial aid will not pay any more than what the University grants them for board for their full-year membership costs.
- “Bud” Redpath Scholarship – For those who apply and qualify, the Bud Redpath Scholarship is available and offers $500 to $2000 in aid to help cover the full membership cost for a member’s Senior year.
- If you are on the unlimited meal plan and drop down to Block 190, you can get $277.50 back from the University. Adopt-A-Soph can help cover much of the rest of sophomore dues. You get 9 meals a week at Quad that supplement the reduction in the dining hall meal plan.
- Apply to become a Dormitory Assistant! It pays around $4k a year and can heavily subsidize the cost of an eating club!
Have more questions regarding financial information? Our treasurer Maria Rogers can answer them! You can also reach out to our president Daniel Pallares Bello, he’s FLI and can answer detailed questions regarding financial assistance.
- Founded in 1901, Quadrangle Club has an extensive alumni network, which our members often find beneficial in securing quality post-graduation jobs. Particularly famous alumni include: Adlai Stevenson – Governor of Illinois and Two-Time Democratic Party Nominee for President of the United States; Robert Goheen – former President of Princeton University; Jeff Bezos – Founder and CEO of Amazon.com; and George Schultz – Secretary of Treasury and Secretary of State.
- Quad is well-known for some of the most delicious food on the Street. Quad prioritizes food diversity and options–we always have multiple healthy choices and a well-stocked salad bar. What’s more, Quad has many themed events each week. On a weekly basis, our Make-Your-Own-Pizza Friday Lunches are particularly popular, as is our Thursday Pub Night Dinner. Finally, Quad is famous for our chef’s specialty–a monthly Soul Food Night, as well as our twice-a-week Late Meal. Our close relationship with our staff ensures that any dietary restrictions are accommodated on an individual basis. We’re very friendly to all special dietary needs including vegan, kosher, halal, and gluten-free!
Quad offers a generous number of shared meal plans. Rather than distribute them on a first-come, first-serve basis or by seniority, Quad gives shared meal plans out by need. This way, we ensure that any member–junior or senior–who needs a shared meal plan is able to receive one, and we never charge an extra fee.
- Starting on the first floor, Quad has an expansive Grand Salon that is perfect for down-time between classes and catching up with friends. Overlooking the balcony is our Solarium, accompanied by a wall of oversized windows. Flanking the Grand Salon are the stately Houston Library–perfect for productive work–and our Billiards Room, including our famous club moose, two pool tables, and a card table. In the basement, you find our dining area/dance floor. Our basement living room includes an electronic Beirut table and a bottle-cap Beirut table, both made by former Quad members. Adjacent, you’ll find our Members’ Lounge and decked-out Tap Room. Upstairs, we have a computer room including university print release station, a game room with two flat screen TVs and all major consoles, a library, a small study room, and a TV room with (extremely comfortable–try it!) tiered seating and a 73-inch flat screen television.
Quad’s most distinctive physical feature is our giant backyard, the largest on the Street. In addition to several picnic tables, a fire pit, and a hammock, we have a basketball court and beach volleyball court–with flood lighting for late-night games. During the warmer months of the year, you can always find Quad members playing or relaxing in the backyard, and even watching movies on our enormous screen.